Friday, January 23, 2009

Update


Just wanted to give a little update on our family. Kevin has been gone for about four weeks now. He wanted me to let everyone know he is doing well and that he is enjoying basic training. He is assigned to be the "Chow Runner." This means he announces their flight at the dining hall so they can eat. He has alot of face time with the training instructors with this position. He said that makes most people nervous, but he doesn't mind. I have been getting regular letters for the last week and that has helped. Kevin will graduate the last week of February and then off to his technical training. We are still trying to get our house rented so that the kids and I can move with Kevin as soon as he is done with basic training. Not much new with me, still working. The kids are doing pretty well. The weather has been warmer here. We actually had rain the past two days instead of snow, which melted alot of the ugly dirty snow that was left. We are surviving so far without Kevin. Only 35 days left!

4 comments:

Danica said...

Cute cute pic - hang in there! Thanks for the update...

Stephanie said...

Good job! This time was the hardest leaving Christian..probably because I don't know when we will see each other again. It is now really up to the ARMY! Well good luck and keep hnagin in there!

Molly Jolley said...

Sounds like everything is going good so far for Kevin. Thats great. hope that the time will go buy fast for you and that you can rent your house. love the family picture. I cant believe how old your kids are getting its crazy how time flies

Kate said...

Valerie- I am glad you are hanging in there. Good luck with renting your house, I hope the time goes by quickly until you are reunited with your hubby. BTW- you look gorgeous in the pic!