Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Trip to the dentist

I know everyone probably thinks we have fallen off the face of the Earth. I was just so far behind on posts. I was going to do one for Christmas, but then it was way past Christmas. So now I have decided to just start from now.
Last week both kids had their first trip to the dentist and boy was it momentous. I have always brushed my kids teeth, but apparently I wasn't doing a good job or they just have my horrible soft teeth. Heidi ended up having 6 or more cavities filled and two caps put on two of her bottom molars. I knew we were in trouble with Ryan because both of his front teeth were badly decayed. He had to have caps put on his two front teeth. We were so blessed to have a very good family friend who is a pediatric dentist in Henderson. He did an awesome job and the kids were actually sad to leave his office. If you have the option between pediatric and a regular dentist go for the pediatric. There is a HUGE difference. His office was so fun and so aimed towards the kids. Both kids were put under sedation so they wouldn't remember what was going on. It was quite comical to what Ryan wobble around and fall over afterwards. I can't get the pictures to do what I want so you will have to deal with them being sideways. The last two pictures are a before and after of Ryan. The difference is incredible. Thank you so much Dr. Chad at Anthem Pediatric Dentistry!





No comments: